Thursday, April 7, 2011

Mind Over Load

For just starting this obsession with polish in November 2010 I would like to think I've learned a lot for just a beginner. It shocks me how many cool different nail polishes there are!!! For those of you just as lost as me let me give you some advice that will help you dig up the treasures the nail world has to offer. So there's different types of polish as you hopefully know; glitters, shimmers, mattes. Those are just the basics. So the ones I've been lucky enough to stumble upon of late are called 'Flakies', 'Holos', and 'Magnetics'. These polishes are so amazing! I've been searching day and night online through my favorite brands here in the US to try and find these types of polishes and my work payed off. China Glaze has some holos, and Sally Hansen has something like a Flakie top coat called 'Hidden Treasure'. Now for the coolest of them all the Magnetics I couldn't find any in America. Over in Europe they have a brand called Alessandro that is a magnetic and from reviews seems to work great. Lancome had one but the discontinued it as well as Loreal. The only one that I think could be sold in stores in America is the Essence Metallics and I'm not even sure about that. I think I have the general idea of how the metallics work so I may just be a little risky and try to recreate one ;) I think all the information I've given right now is correct but if it's not then tell me so I won't make the mistake again. So I did get one picture of my nails before I chipped them to pieces out of boredom. I saw someone on youtube do these nails and I just loved them so I chose slightly different colors and just followed what she did. I got a ton of compliments with these nails and I just loved looking at them. These nails took me quite some time to do though because my right hand is still shaky when it comes to dotting and lines. (I'm a lefty:) I think the video was called art deco or something close to that. I also did cute little nail splatters on my friends nails last weekend but she's just as bad as me and chipped it off in not even a day so I had no hope of getting a picture of them! I'm sorry my hand is so dirty, I'm constantly painting my friends nails and have sort've given up on trying to wash the polish off my hands. I feel as though with nails I've found out what I want to do for the rest of my life. I plan on going to nail tech. school and college so I can start on acrylics and learning all of the proper techniques and just learn the basics of nail care and then get my associates. From that point after working in a Salon for a few years and getting my degree if I decide its not for me then at least I'll still be able to do my nails forever-amounts better then I would've before going to school for the rest of my life. I was one of the weird kids and actually really liked chemistry so maybe if I decide to keep in the nail world just not the salon part of it I could always become a scientist that makes awesome new nail colors right? Sincerly, Aly :)

1 comment: